Stove Recommendations

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iluvpikn

Sep 11, 2014
White Lake, Ontario
Hi.

I am building a new house. I will have a 97% efficiency modulating furnace, and a Pacific Energy Super 27 wood stove installed in the lower level. The house is 1232 square feet per level. Wood foundation, very well insulated. (R-26 walls, R-52 attic)

I want to have a gas free standing stove in the living room, mostly for ambience. The room is about 200 square feet. I want a small input stove, so that I can have it run for extended periods without roasting me out of the house. Heating capacity is not my concern.

Any suggestions? I like traditional looking stuff, no modern fangled looking things.

Thanks in advance.

Hi.

I am building a new house. I will have a 97% efficiency modulating furnace, and a Pacific Energy Super 27 wood stove installed in the lower level. The house is 1232 square feet per level. Wood foundation, very well insulated. (R-26 walls, R-52 attic)

I want to have a gas free standing stove in the living room, mostly for ambience. The room is about 200 square feet. I want a small input stove, so that I can have it run for extended periods without roasting me out of the house. Heating capacity is not my concern.

Any suggestions? I like traditional looking stuff, no modern fangled looking things.

Thanks in advance.
http://www.regency-fire.com/Product...st-Iron-Stoves,-Fireplaces---Inserts/H15.aspx. you can turn the stove down to 50% output so you can enjoy it without heating yourself out of the room.

Hi.

Thanks in advance.

In addition to the Hampton mentioned above...

The Lopi Northfield is rated for 22k BTU max/ 6700 BTU min.
Valor has the President freestanding stove (6500-20000) and the Madrona Traditional (6500-26000).
The Jotul Lillehammer GF200 is similar but doesn't turn down quite so far (11000-20000).
Hearthstone has the Tribute.

You might look at Woodstock's mini Franklin, though it may not have enough ambience for you. It's a cute little thing specifically designed to heat 100-400 square feet.

I think all of those have what I would describe as traditional styling.

Status
Not open for further replies.