Stove related ripple effect

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

njtomatoguy

Feeling the Heat
Jun 20, 2006
Maple Shade, NJ
Has anyone else had this happen?

Install hearth and stove.

That sets into motion a re do of the room- Lodge theme lamps, bronze moose, lodge area rug, new hardwood floors, etc. I put in the stove to save money, seem I just am moving it around..

LOL. I haven't bought anything new for the living room, but I did move all of the furniture around to take advantage of the view for the new stove. No bronze moose in my house, but I do have maybe 8 or so antique saw blades.

-Kevin

Yep, it's a slippery slope....

Insert...Tools and accessories...Tile...Carpet...Paint...Re-face fireplace...

Not for hte living room, but we redid the kitchen. There are many other projects to do but the living room isn't far off. not exactly lodge theme, but perhaps craftsman/mission style on the furniture....just not oak. Don't know why but the wife hates oak. So I'll be making things out of walnut cherry and other woods.

MrGriz said:
Yep, it's a slippery slope....

Insert...Tools and accessories...Tile...Carpet...Paint...Re-face fireplace...

My ripple effect was fix plaster wall cracks, paint walls, refinish wood floor, buy stove and reline pipe, build hearth, Re-face fireplace, new co and smoke detectors, ash can, ash dust pan and brush, buy new area rugs, Chinese made hand knoted Persian to match install, new window treatment to match , frame two large prints above mantel, New TV,

Leaving the furnace off "PRICELESS"

HearthStone Heritage break in fire!!

Just look at my before and after pics. (Before the Osburn) thread on the picture forum.

Entire new Hearth, paint, curtains...etc etc... (The new hearth was actually required though since the old mantle would not have passed clearance requirements)

Ours was a bit of the reverse. Remove the fireplace, raise the house, replace the windows, fix the walls, replace the floors, and then the final touch - new stove. But now with the new oak floors, what does my honey want? A nice Persian carpet to cover it... ka ching $$.

BeGreen said:
Ours was a bit of the reverse. Remove the fireplace, raise the house, replace the windows, fix the walls, replace the floors, and then the final touch - new stove. But now with the new oak floors, what does my honey want? A nice Persian carpet to cover it... ka ching $$.

A true real Persian rug of decent size is like $10,000.00 & up!!!!!!! LOL good luck brother!!!!!!!!!

I stand corrected, here ya go:

http://www.oldcarpet.com/

Guess it depends what you want. Some are 11k-55k LOL thats alot of cash for a rug.

mine's a bit different. replace stove...buy chainsaw helmet chaps, go in on splitter w/ friends, buy grapple, buy log roller...slippery slope indeed!

Not to get too off topic, but I just recently found Ebay to be a great place to shop for rugs. Granted, I'm not sure about spending 10K or even 1K on something I can't put my hands on and see with my own eyes, but there are good deals to be had. Prior to Ebay I would buy locally, which means for me Portland or Seattle for a decent rug. $2.5K is the most expensive rug in my home, and I complained about that when it was bought, lol.

-Kevin

Status
Not open for further replies.