Stove Run Time

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

verge32

Hearth Supporter
Oct 25, 2008
RI
I have a cb1200i stove in the basement to heat a ranch home, at night the stove runs basically all night on medium to keep the house about 72 upstairs. Does yours run all night constantly or run for a short amount of time then shut down?

Strange, I just timed mine. Here it is now 27 deg and windy, the flame runs 35 minutes, then cool down. After fan off it fires again in about 35 minutes.
Mine is in the living - dinning room, it is L shaped 400 sq ft, then 2 rooms off through door ways, all heat good.
Thermostat is about 15 ft from stove around corner. I have always run it on medium and high fan, I think the high fan gets the heat to the outer rooms, was surprised by that.
My wood stove is in the cellar, it took a lot to heat from there. The pellet stove is not as messy so I put it where it would work the best.

mine has been running since last sunday after exhaust blower change out, but ill have to clean her out tonight because of the great ashens pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.