Stove sales

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

yooper81

Jan 17, 2012
U.P Michigan
With the recent massive increase in propane and NG prices, I am curious as to how bad the "knee jerk" was or is and the increase in pellet stove ownership.... I have had many people inquire about mine and its cost, efficiency, and consumption..... I know the local dealer has sold twice as many as he did last year... What will this do to pellet pricing next season... If this topic has already started, disregard and send me to the right thread

I went through hell to get my pellet stove and the piping. All the Menards in my area were sold out. I finally called one about 90 miles away to hold one. Their last one. The piping was worse. Thank god I am a truck driver. I got the last piece I needed 280 miles away, but I was driving by.

Pretty much if it was a good used stove on CL, Harman ,Lopi,St.Croix etc it was gone. Not hard to compute things with propain over $6. Propane is still averaging $3.26 according to report today in MN. Plenty around here as I drive by several train tanks and two of the four are now full.

Status
Not open for further replies.