Stove Settings

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Papelletman

Mar 17, 2014
Montgomery County, PA.
I just recently installed a Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 and have a question. Is it better to run the stove on high and let it turn on and off when it reaches the set temperature, or run it on low and have it run constantly?

Thanks, Dave

Personally, I think it's better to run constantly at a lower setting. A pellet stove is at it's most efficient when it's hot. Letting it cool down lessens it. Also, you will shorten the life of your igniter.

I just recently installed a Quadra Fire Classic Bay 1200 and have a question. Is it better to run the stove on high and let it turn on and off when it reaches the set temperature, or run it on low and have it run constantly?

Thanks, Dave

Most stoves will will burn cleaner and more efficiently on med to high settings.

However you don't want the stove cycling on and off 20 times a day. So try and find a happy medium. This gets harder as spring comes.

if it;s a Harman, run it on Room Temp/Manual...
this way the stove will not shut down but will go into a maint mode....
not sure though about keeping the fan on high with low temp settings as I would think that it would blow faster than could keep up.same as an AC..

I run mine on high all winter without any issues. I set the thermostat to 85 so that it doesn't cycle on and off too often (i.e. it rarely reaches 85 in the room it is in). The stove, an insert, is in the basement and we are able to heat the basement and upstairs (raised ranch).

Status
Not open for further replies.