1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)
  1. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    My enviro omega shut down during the night and will not restart. There is no power to it at all. There must be a fuse some where? Hopefully this is the problem. Have never had any issues with this great stove. Any inputs would be appreciated

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. boo boo

boo boo Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    So. NH
    Check the main breaker for the power outlet first
    There is a fuse on your circuit board (unplug your stove before checking the fuse)
  3. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    The outlet has power. Going to take the panel off now to check the fuse......keeping fingers crossed
  4. LI-Mini-Owner

LI-Mini-Owner Member

Loc:
    Long Island, NY
  5. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    Ok the auger chain came off and the burnpot auger was bound up. There were some big clinkers which is strange because we haven't ever had these with Turmans. There was also some buildup on the middle pieces of the auger causing it to hit the burn pot when turning. Doing a thorough cleaning right now. The reset button was not tripped and the fuse does not looked burnt. After the cleaning we will try and start it to see what happens
  6. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    Horrible news! Replaced the fuse and tried to start the stove and still nothing! Any other ides?
  7. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    Could the moter be burnt out?
  8. imacman

imacman Guest

As I remember, there was a problem with build-up on the burn pots on some of those stoves. It has to be chiseled out, and I think JTakeman had found a "fix" for it. Do a search or try sending him a PM if he doesn't see this thread soon.
  9. corkman

corkman Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    SE,Mass
    all the info on the burnpot modification is in a sticky at the top of the page
  10. imacman

imacman Guest

cool....didn't know that was there.
  11. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    Yes we have to chisel the burn pot also......a fix would be great. I will read that
  12. jtakeman

jtakeman Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northwestern CT.
    Sometimes the high limit switches go bad once they get too hot. If you have a meter check to see if it has power on both sides? If it only has power on one side the switch is NG. You can carefully bypass(connect the wires together) the switch to see if it will run. Make sure you pull the plug before doing any bypassing.
  13. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma
    Tech is here installing the parts as I type this. Yes folks it took almost 2 weeks to get the parts. They ordered them all from Canada. This seemed far fetched to me, but we need heat! Hopefully the estimate that they gave us is the same and when he presses the power button we are in business! He replaced the circuit board, agitator bracket, bearings for the agitator and chain for the agitator. He is telling me know that possibly the agitator motor may be burnt......I will have spent enough money to almost buy a new stove.....YIKES!
  14. westcafe

westcafe Member

Loc:
    central, ma