Stove Spring Handles

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mineitnow

Oct 17, 2011
Douglas, WY
I was wondering if any of you guys have a good source for the springs that go on the end of the stove handles? I've done a lot of searching on the web, and can only find very expensive ones! I've found a reasonable source, but they have a $40 minimum order, because they actually manufacture the springs. At this point, I'm about ready to just order $40 worth of springs, and pay the $8 shipping, with the hopes of using the extra springs later. All the stove shops, etc, that I can find online want anywhere from $8 - $20/ spring, and then ridiculous shipping fees...

If anyone has a good source, please chime in. I'm looking for 2 of the "light bulb" shaped springs, to fit over 1/2", and one of the type that gets larger in the middle, to slip over 1/2" (kind of like a stovepipe damper handle spring, only a little larger). The two are for the door handles, and the one is for the damper control.

Thanks everyone...

Thanks WES - already looked at those, as well - but at like $12 shipping for a tiny order, I think I might pass.

I think I may just order the $40 min, from this place (I'll have a few extra springs - if anyone needs any, contact me and maybe we can make a deal)

www.centuryspring.com

Thanks everyone for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.