1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Stove Spring Handles

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by mineitnow, Nov 6, 2011.

1. mineitnow

mineitnow New Member

Loc:
    Douglas, WY
    I was wondering if any of you guys have a good source for the springs that go on the end of the stove handles? I've done a lot of searching on the web, and can only find very expensive ones! I've found a reasonable source, but they have a $40 minimum order, because they actually manufacture the springs. At this point, I'm about ready to just order $40 worth of springs, and pay the $8 shipping, with the hopes of using the extra springs later. All the stove shops, etc, that I can find online want anywhere from $8 - $20/ spring, and then ridiculous shipping fees...

If anyone has a good source, please chime in. I'm looking for 2 of the "light bulb" shaped springs, to fit over 1/2", and one of the type that gets larger in the middle, to slip over 1/2" (kind of like a stovepipe damper handle spring, only a little larger). The two are for the door handles, and the one is for the damper control.

Thanks everyone...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
  3. WES999

WES999 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
  4. mineitnow

mineitnow New Member

Loc:
    Douglas, WY
    Thanks WES - already looked at those, as well - but at like $12 shipping for a tiny order, I think I might pass.

I think I may just order the $40 min, from this place (I'll have a few extra springs - if anyone needs any, contact me and maybe we can make a deal)

www.centuryspring.com

Thanks everyone for your help.
  5. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL