1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Stove Spring Handles

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by mineitnow, Nov 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mineitnow

mineitnow New Member

Loc:
    Douglas, WY
    I was wondering if any of you guys have a good source for the springs that go on the end of the stove handles? I've done a lot of searching on the web, and can only find very expensive ones! I've found a reasonable source, but they have a $40 minimum order, because they actually manufacture the springs. At this point, I'm about ready to just order $40 worth of springs, and pay the $8 shipping, with the hopes of using the extra springs later. All the stove shops, etc, that I can find online want anywhere from $8 - $20/ spring, and then ridiculous shipping fees...

If anyone has a good source, please chime in. I'm looking for 2 of the "light bulb" shaped springs, to fit over 1/2", and one of the type that gets larger in the middle, to slip over 1/2" (kind of like a stovepipe damper handle spring, only a little larger). The two are for the door handles, and the one is for the damper control.

Thanks everyone...

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
  3. WES999

WES999 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Mass north of Boston
  4. mineitnow

mineitnow New Member

Loc:
    Douglas, WY
    Thanks WES - already looked at those, as well - but at like $12 shipping for a tiny order, I think I might pass.

I think I may just order the $40 min, from this place (I'll have a few extra springs - if anyone needs any, contact me and maybe we can make a deal)

www.centuryspring.com

Thanks everyone for your help.
  5. tfdchief

tfdchief Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Tuscola, IL
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.