Stove temp or room temp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CARL jr

Aug 12, 2015
michigan
I have a 2002 Harman accentra fs. I tried running room temp and stove temp to keep my space at 70 deg. dose not seem to greatly affect how many pellet are consumed. I Will say it has been vary warm in michigan so far. What is the most efficient way you the experienced Harman owners have found to run stove.

Room temp manual has been the most efficient for me. I keep my temp set between 70-75 which provides enough heat to keep the 400sqft finished area of the basement 70-75, and drifts heat up an open stairwell to warm the two floors above. This slows the use of the oil furnace...
I am getting about 30 hours/bag when temps in the 40s.
Last year I strictly ran on stove temp auto. Setting of 3-4 and feed of 3-4 and was only getting about 12 hours/bag.
I also have the accentra FS (2014)

I am currently running the same set up in my unfinished bacement and getting 24 to 26 hrs a bag.

Reactions: AccentraRRT
When you say room temp manual do mean the igniter sw is in manual ?

When you say room temp manual do mean the igniter sw is in manual ?
That would be Manual, yes. it allows the stove to go into maintenance burn instead of shutting off ( a long low intensity fire, where in Auto the stove would shut down) when there was no heat called for by the room temp probe..

Status
Not open for further replies.