Shaw520 Posted By Shaw520, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:37 AM

1. Shaw520

Shaw520
    Feeling the Heat 2.
    NULL

Oct 15, 2012
    Loc:
    Modena
    Although not completely relative to heat convection,.. I think these thermometers are a great way to monitor your stove at a quick glance.

The intake/convection side runs aprox 150* lower than the exhaust side,... the black/gold thermo is the left side (exhaust),.. and the yellow/orange one lives on the right side, (intake/convection)
    The vent pipe typically runs at the same temp as the left side of the stove,.. with the door temps being just down from that.

A good operating temp seems to be 350* left side and 200* right side,... although Ive had the left side up to 450*

Attached Files:

2. dfolker4

dfolker4
    Member 2.
    NULL

Dec 30, 2011
    Loc:
    northern Michigan
    I just have one in the middle just above the door on my eco-choice and I find it fascinating the difference in temperature between brands, clean stove-dirty stove etc. A very useful tool.

3. subsailor

subsailor
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Dec 8, 2011
    Loc:
    Winthrop, Maine
    I keep one on the left side of my stove too. I agree it's a good way to moitor what the stove is doing. I check mine constantly. Mine typically runs less than 300 this time of year, mostly closer to 200.

4. kinsmanstoves

kinsmanstoves
    Minister of Fire 2.
    NULL

Aug 29, 2007
    Loc:
    Ravenna, Ohio 44266
    I look at the thermostat on the wall. It tells me what temp the room is. I could not care to much about the stove cause I found in another post that if the glass burns you the stove is hot.

I am so smart.

Eric

5. imacman

imacman
    Guest 2.
    NULL

You are a smart man....I thought only the fire was hot!

kinsmanstoves likes this.