Stove top kettle and moisture on the ceiling

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bwells794

Jul 22, 2015
Virginia
I haven't needed the kettle yet but I was wondering if this could potentially pose a problem to the spot on the ceiling directly over the stove. since the steam is funneled out of such a concentrated point and basically rises straight up from there, could I expect to see damage over time to the ceiling or do you think it would be fine? ceilings are about 10ft and the stove sits on a raise fireplace hearth so the kettle is already about 3 feet from the floor.

Doubt you will have a problem. The steam will disperse long before it makes it to the ceiling. Test it out on the kitchen stove top.

ok. although, rotting out the ceiling in the living room might not be such a bad idea lol it's this god awful looking tile board stuff. Would give me a reason to tear it all down and put up drywall ;)

Any air movement in the area is going to disperse the steam before it gets up there in sufficient quantity to cause problems. Flip on the ceiling fan, or get one of those little Stirling engine powered fans and set it on the stove next to the steam.

Any air movement in the area is going to disperse the steam before it gets up there in sufficient quantity to cause problems. Flip on the ceiling fan, or get one of those little Stirling engine powered fans and set it on the stove next to the steam.
I already have a Caframo Ecofan

Doubt you will have a problem. The steam will disperse long before it makes it to the ceiling. Test it out on the kitchen stove top.

Yep. I've been doing this for over 10 years, with no problems at all. It's a non-issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.