Stove Top Thermometer?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow&Flame

Minister of Fire
Jun 6, 2011
Central Arkansas
I was just wondering if anyone has ever tried to put a Magnetic stove top thermometer
on an Alderlea T5 insert. I was thinking of putting one in the middle of the stove top and
seeing if I could read it with a flashlight... There isn't much room to see it under the
cast top, but I would like to have one on there just for the quick reference instead of
looking up the IR Thermometer. If I set something down in this house, its never there
when I come back...

Love to be burning, but just too damn hot here...65 with 83% humidity... :-/

S&F
How do you like your T5 insert so far?
Pro's and Con's ?
I am getting a T5 insert installed Monday. Can't wait. Getting
Rather chilly here in Michigan...

To tell the truth I havent had the time, or weather for that matter, to even try it out much.
I love the way the stove looks and lighting it is really easy. I think you will really love this
stove because you are in an area to use it to the fullest. Its 68F and 79% humidity outside
right now. You will have to let me know how your insert works out for you. The only issue
I had with mine were the side panel missing and the leveling legs didnt work. Hope that is
all I have to worry about from now on...ha

I think we both chose a great stove...good luck on the install.

Too warm here also, S&F. Take the night off. There'll be plenty coming.

wjb111- Another thing to look at is check under your boost manifold to make sure there
isnt a lot of welding slag in the way. There was so much of it on mine I had to take a
grinder to it so the manifold would fit. It didnt take long but its something to look for...

Troutchaser- It is indeed warm here...going to hit 80 by Monday. It seems warmer
here than when I was a kid. How are you liking the Lopi? That was the first stove
I started looking at...the Lopi Answer. I thought it would be a little small...might have
been better off with a smaller stove.

I believe Lopi (Travis Industries) to be a great company. I've watched their factory tour video, I own one of their stoves, and I'm proud to have it. I'll tell you one thing, if I dare lit the Leyden tonight and put it into downdraft, we'd be sweating in short order. Sleeping in the grass by 3AM I suspect. That stove is one heating machine.

Like you've probably read here before, better to have too big a stove than not enough. I'll burn flash fires in the Leyden until the real cold hits. Lows only in the 50's tonight. I'll let the heat pump do its thing if necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.