Stove wont start. Getting cold in Michigan.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

CirclePApps

Mar 21, 2020
Michigan
I have a 2013 Cumberland 3800. Last night the room fan stopped but then restarted after a few minutes. Today it did it again then went into shut down. I let it cool, did a deep clean, and turned it back on. Now the board comes in with make and model number, then jumps to level settings, then immediately says auger over temp and freezes up. If I leave the power on the auger starts running by itself so I know it's not the auger. It's getting a little cold in my house after messing with this for the last 2 hours. Can I over ride the switch so I can have heat?

Last edited:
So i just rechecked the switch again, unplugging and plugging back in like 10 times before. I also wiggled the wire to the auger shut off and shut and reopened the auger door. Just for giggles I powered it back up and it is firing now. I have no idea what I did to get that to happen. Praying it holds until Monday when I can try to find someone to service it.

Sometimes just by unplugging a stove for a while will reset everything and the stove will work fine. This has happened a couple of times with my stove.

A bad connection will do the same thing
all that wiggling may have cleaned the connection