Stupid me : Ravelli Monica deflector saga!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deromax

Burning Hunk
Jun 13, 2014
Shawinigan, Pq, Canada
I had my first pellet stove back in august 2014. For the whole last year of heating, after each weekly cleaning, I was reinstalling the deflector - the baffle between the heat box and heat exchanger - in a maner that mostly held it in place but in precarious balance on the holder and a single short screw. In the last few days, on 3 occasions I found that the baffle had dropped down in the firebox, covering half of the firepot and risking to scratch the glass. I was concerned about leaving the stove unattended. Not good!

I decided to takle the situation for good. I got a flashlight, layed on my back in front of the stove to clearly see up there... only to found the bracket where the baffle is supposed to snugly rest on just half an inch above the screw.

I may never know if or how that reduced the efficiency and pellet consumption, but at least I can rest assured the baffle is safe from now on and the stove is operating like it's supposed to!

Status
Not open for further replies.