suggestion on new chainsaw

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Keep rubbin those deals in Dex & I'm gona come get them saws dirty for ya.;lol
When you supposed to get that little hot rod btw? A C

Shipped this morning. Super nice seller. Responded to all questions and said if I am not 100% satisfied, that he will make it right. All said its $166.14 ($146.15 + $19.99 Shipping) and he will warranty it to ensure its a quality product and to get good feedback (something he does have :))

He seemed disappointed, because all other 260's are near the $300-$400 range. He had no reserve and I bid on it Thursday and forgot about it. Thinking I was gonna be outbid at the last minute. When I got the email Sat night, saying I Won! I was ecstatic. Here is hoping it runs as good as he says.

Coming from New Hampshire. Should be here by Thursady/Friday? Anyone want to buy a Nice 455 Rancher? LOL

Reactions: smokinj
It's definitely a buyers market out there. Nice score Dex.

I wish it was a buyer's market around here. With the economy still hurting, & the ash trees dead or dying, every body & their brother is cutting & burning or selling firewood. Going rate around here is $ 150.00 cord c/s/d right now, & decent saws are selling for good money. May start buying wood instead of selling it lol. Oh well, I've got plenty of saws & wood so I'll just ride it out & drool over the deals you guys are getting. A C

Reactions: DexterDay
Rookie question: Could you cut a 50" log from all sides with an 18" bar on a light saw, then use a 28" bar on the same saw to finish the centre? That would save some $'s

Only if you can roll the log and saw has same bar mount pattern.For example you can use certain shorter bars on some large saws (the minimum length recommended say 16-18") all the way up to its max capacity (36" to 48 or 60" depending on saw). But if you start with a medium saw the max will usually be 24-32"

Reactions: Realstone
Did I miss something here a 260 in 36-48 inch wood?

Did I miss something here a 260 in 36-48 inch wood?

I don't think realstone's ? related to the 026, but that would be torture to watch. A C

Reactions: Realstone
Rookie question: Could you cut a 50" log from all sides with an 18" bar on a light saw, then use a 28" bar on the same saw to finish the centre? That would save some $'s

I'd think the drag from the cutters in the kerf would suck too much power from a 50-60cc saw to make that approach worthwhile.

Status
Not open for further replies.