Suggestions on DV welcome, limited in dimensions. Intrigue?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sabre

Dec 15, 2014
CT
Hi all,

I need to replace an Empire unit and want to replace it with another Direct Vent unit. However, the dimensions are pretty set as only removing some of the surrounding stone, and dont want to redo the whole enclosure (I have access to venting).

My rough dimensions are 43.5" W, 45" H, and 22.25" D. Here is what i am looking at

*Intrigue (by Ambiance, made by Kozy). only way to make it work is using a reducer to 6 5/8" to fit the depth. Includes many of the things I want, and they are willing to make a custom front to help cover extra width. Concern is the build from the private brand (but having Kozy gives some comfort), and flame not as nice as FPX or Mendota.

*FPX 864 TRV - it fits, but unfortunately this seems more to be more for show (tempered glass) than a real heater. I do really like the 864 HO, but it is too high and too deep top vent (shame).

*Mendota DXV45 DT4S -- like that its a Mendota... But we want an arch front and the tuscany just does not do it for us. Why cant they have a nice arch front like the FPX...

*HeatnGlo 6000CLX -- seems like a nice fit, but the face we like runs over $1600, way too expensive there.

*Napolean HDX40 - dont like the low amount of turn down avail but otherwise seems ok. Just scared over comments i see that these boxes are not the best quality.

Any comments or ideas welcome. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.