Suicide idea

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
dang, i can t see the pics, my work blocker prevents me from loggin in.
doesnt sound like this guy has any idea what he's doing. he's making his own fireplace/stove??

did you register here just to post this?

I think the other thread starter made some tubes to get some heat out of an open fireplace.
A fan and plastic were involved.
I recall seeing them in the old days, sans plastic and fan.

moondoggy said:
dang, i can t see the pics, my work blocker prevents me from loggin in.
doesnt sound like this guy has any idea what he's doing. he's making his own fireplace/stove??

did you register here just to post this?

NO.
I just found this forum thru a link posted at arboristsite where I am an active junior member.
I spent the last few years in Europe where I learned new ways of building. In TX first and then in Canada I was a building contractor and I built, renovated or restored many homes (and fireplaces) but it was time for a new challenge.
I am now in the process of selling my business interests in Romania and returning to Canada since we`re expecting our third child in late March/early April and health care here sucks.
I am interested in anything that I could use as a hobby or to make a living off and fireplaces and heating is just as important and profitable as septic systems.

Yep, that's a classic. From what I read, he removed an insert to create that homemade fire and CO hazard. He seemed pretty happy that he "netted" $700.00 in the process. I'm sure that won't come close to paying the deductable on the insurance claim. That is if it doesn't get bounced when they sift through the rubble and find whats left of his creation. Not to mention, if there isn't a fire, he's gonna spend more than the $700.00 on gas to cut and split all the extra wood he's going to use just to cool the rest of his house.

Status
Not open for further replies.