Summit has arrived!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wyosioux

Feb 28, 2010
Bighorn Mtns, WY
After long researching and seeking your advice here, I have decided on the PE Summit, and it now sits on my basement floor. I had it down to the Buck 74, the Summit, and the Quad 5700. The best deal for the money was definitely the Summit, so that is what I ultimately decided on. I am sure it will be a great stove, and can't wait to get it all set up and ready to burn in the fall (or first chance I get!).

I got it shipped to my door for around $1950, and figured I couldn't go wrong with that price. Could have gotten the Buck for about $200 less, but it is a smaller stove with larger clearances, so didn't make sense.

Now, I just have to get it installed, will get going on that in June sometime, and cutting some wood! Can't wait, it has been about at least 11 years since I have burned wood in our home. I plan on doing the install myself so i will probably be seeking advice in the near future!

Cool, I bought my Summit a couple of months ago also because of the information on this site and I continue to seek their advice, sounds like you got a good price on the stove and I think you will enjoy the glass door as I know I have. I am sure you will be told again but make sure you have nice dry wood for next winter.

I just had mine installed a week ago or so. First day was a little disappointing, Old Spark had the same issues. Does not seem to throw it heat, until you figure it out. The non cat is a bit hard to get up to temp but once you do get accustom to it, it REALLY throws the heat. The stove needs a break in period for sure. Their was so much moisture in my fire bricks it actually leaked out the back of the stove. Good luck with the install and post pics!!!! Here's mine, unlike most, I like the pedestal, lol.

DSCF1972.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.