Summit inside dimensions and door dimensions?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rdust

Minister of Fire
Feb 9, 2009
Michigan
Can anyone with a Summit measure the usable space in their firebox and their door opening?

I may be shopping for a larger stove soon so I'm in a gathering data stage. Not sure how I missed this stove when I bought my Endeavor, it's not much larger foot print wise and has good clearances. I would've bought the Liberty if it had a square firebox.

Thanks!

front to back and side to side it is 20" inside the firebox. firebox is @ 13" tall inside to the baffle. Door opening is 18.5" w x 9.5" tall.

summit said:
front to back and side to side it is 20" inside the firebox. firebox is @ 13" tall inside to the baffle. Door opening is 18.5" w x 9.5" tall.

Thanks!

Now I'll have to figure out if a couple inches in width and height will be worth it in the real world. Extra inches in depth I don't see being used for years since I'm 3 year out with wood cut 16-18 inches. I'm going to see if the local dealer has any on the floor so I can put my head in one for a real world look. :)

For the Summit, you don't want your wood any longer than 18". I been cutting mine at 16" to 18" for the Summit.

Hogwildz said:
For the Summit, you don't want your wood any longer than 18". I been cutting mine at 16" to 18" for the Summit.

For any N/S stove, at least a couple inches between wood and door is best, otherwise the air has no good direct path to the coals bed. I prefer 3" to 4" less. It will burn better and coals buildup will be reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.