Summit part question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wacky1

Oct 9, 2009
Ripley WV
In the back of my insert, on the top,there is a metal dowel looking thing that used to be hanging down out of the hole it is in. Now I just looked after I reloaded and it is not hanging out by much now, almost ready to fall in behind the hole. When I get the insert cool enough I will try to reach and pull it back out. Anyway what is this for? And if it does fall, what concern should I have? Is there a way to fasten it so it does not do this again? Thank you for all your ideas in advance!

Thats the pin that holds your baffle in place. You need it. When you go to clean the stove you remove this pin to remove the baffle.

try not to push up against it in future even though all of us do it at one time or another. It is easy to move just check it when you clean ashes.

snowtime said:
Thats the pin that holds your baffle in place. You need it. When you go to clean the stove you remove this pin to remove the baffle.

try not to push up against it in future even though all of us do it at one time or another. It is easy to move just check it when you clean ashes.

Okay. If it happens to fall through the hole am I "up a creek" so to speak?

The long part of the "L" goes into the hole, that part also should have a "V" bent into the long part, this helps keep from happening, what you had happen LOL.
Never had a problem of mine coming close to falling in or out of the hole. If need be, you can make your own.

Status
Not open for further replies.