Sunday Fun Day

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

D8Chumley

Minister of Fire
Jun 25, 2013
Collegeville PA
Helped my 2 best buds today take down his neighbors tree. He told me he thought it was maple, ends up being ash. Even had the big saws out :) Pic heavy

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Got the 460 out for some work too. Noodled with it and my buddies' 066 wearing a 36" bar today. I'm in the fluorescent green hoodie It was a great day, even got some videos because we're just silly like that

Last edited:
That's what I'm talking about, that is a great way to spend the day. Wish I was doing that today all I did was move a couple truck loads of wood and stack some wood. You guys definitely had the better day awesome pics!

Reactions: D8Chumley
Very nice...good way to spend the day.

So there's no video posting, or maybe I need to get one of my kids to help me? Lol

Nice post. I got some white oak today, had a ball running my MS250 and my little Poulan. Nothing like that though. Some nice saws there. Like a cruise night for saws!

It was mid 30s and cool wind blowing. Perfect for cutting and dragging to the chipper. Have to keep moving to stay warm. My buddies 6x12 Bri-Mar trailer was loaded to the hilt, and the back of my truck was full also

Nice tree, very nice selection of equipment. Looked like fun with friends. Do they burn as well? If not nice score for you.

Even better! That is a great group of guys there. How much did you end up with?

I'd say about a cord give or take. We ran everything 3" and smaller through the chipper

Reactions: heavy hammer
Great day!

Nice tree, very nice selection of equipment. Looked like fun with friends. Do they burn as well? If not nice score for you.
That pile (pic above ) is dumped in my driveway off to the side. It might be more than a cord there were a lot of limbs to that tree

That pile (pic above ) is dumped in my driveway off to the side. It might be more than a cord there were a lot of limbs to that tree
You ended up with a nice score. You think that will be ready for 2017? Or does that have to season longer? Does ash take a couple of years to be ready? Good luck happy splitting..

It might be if I needed it, I'd split it small. I'm 3+ years ahead with the mild winter after I split and stack all I got now. I'm sure I'm back over 20 cord :)

Reactions: heavy hammer
Wow 20 cord... I am ahead cause we really didn't have a winter but not that far... I have 6 decent sized mulberry that my buddy is giving me and there are 3 small oak trees that need to be processed that are on the ground in my timber. Then I found a nice red oak but that on is about the size of the ash you just took down, and I don't have the friends you have....

Ash dries fairly quickly Split it smaller get it in the sun Then topcover in the fall. Check moisture after the first of the year.

Very nice... Feel free to share the wood. ;)

Very nice... Feel free to share the wood. ;)
When it rains it pours lol. I got ahead a few years back when I was laid off for 6-7 weeks because we were slow. I started last season with over 19 cord and I've replaced all I burned and then some. I'm going to a new job next week sometime and the clearing guys will be starting there also. I talked to the Super I'm going to be working for yesterday, he burns also. He said there's firewood there we can have. @HisTreeNut come on over I'm not stingy :)

Well, 9.5 hours for wood...do not think I can convince the wifey on that one. :)

Ok then I'll come down from the Roc!

Status
Not open for further replies.