Sunday Funday project.....130 year old woodhauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost ready for paint & upholstery. Then you just lay back in there and have somebody wheel you into the shade or the sun as you prefer, and bring you a refreshing potable.

Reactions: ScotO and PapaDave
Any fancier and there will be a price tag on it next. ;) How about a set of forged iron brackets from the legs to the underside of the handles to stiffen them. Any little reason to fire the forge...

I don't know why, but my first thougth would have been cut the legs down and lower the back on it and you would have quite a manly coffee table.

The handles look real good. Nice re-purpose project.

Reactions: PapaDave and ScotO
Ok, that's it. The handles are the last straw.
Next think we know, you'll have made some nice wrought iron leg braces. Well, I guess those would be the last straw, but that's it. The last straw.
View attachment 108401
in a couple days, my man.....did I mention we're going to finally, after several years, put some new fireclay into my antique Civil War era farrier's forge?.......yes, we will be making the wrought braces for it!
I gotta get that Amishman over in the valley to make me a new leather belt for the hand operated blower first though......

Any fancier and there will be a price tag on it next. ;) How about a set of forged iron brackets from the legs to the underside of the handles to stiffen them. Any little reason to fire the forge...

I don't know why but my first thougth would have been cut the legs down and lower the back on it and you would have quite a manly coffee table.

The handles look real good. Nice re-purpose project.
Thanks bud! It would make a kick-azz coffee table, for sure! Now you gots me thinking again!

I just posted that I will finally be digging my forge out later this week and re-claying it. Hoping to get some Clearfield Nut coal up the mountain and hammer out some iron real soon....it's been a long time!

Almost ready for paint & upholstery. Then you just lay back in there and have somebody wheel you into the shade or the sun as you prefer, and bring you a refreshing potable.
Ahhhh, Angry Orchard Crisp Apple Ale.......have I mentioned how good that stuff is yet?

Bought a case of Redds Apple Ale the other day, and its really good, but Angry Orchard is my fave.....
I could probably get 6 or 7 cases on the 'barrow pretty easily........

Thanks bud! It would make a kick-azz coffee table, for sure! Now you gots me thinking again!

I just posted that I will finally be digging my forge out later this week and re-claying it. Hoping to get some Clearfield Nut coal up the mountain and hammer out some iron real soon....it's been a long time!

I have my new to me old english anvil to try out Saturday. I will hammer till blisters shut me down.(or beer, no particular order) I finally got some bit coal to really try out.

Reactions: ScotO
Hone the iron to your block plane & put an 1/4" or so bevel on all the edges.Faster & much better looking than using 120 grit abrasive.Plus your hands will thank you,even those as leathery as mine. >>

Havent tried that Redd's Apple Ale yet,do like Angry Orchard & Woodchuck.

Angry Pumpkin - one half Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale & one half Angry Orchard Crisp Apple

Sorry, probably giving you another project to think about.

th
th

Reactions: ScotO
Status
Not open for further replies.