Super 27 burning wood to fast

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were able to start a fire with the air closed off at the start, you have a serious air leak somewhere. That thing should never have done much but smolder at best with the air closed all the way at the start of a fire.I doubt even a door leak would let that thing do much but smolder from the start with the primary air closed. Does that thing have an ash pan? How well is that sealing if it does?
Dry pine will go up quickly, especially if the draft is strong. 4" splits are not that thick. The fire may just need a little more air restriction. Sent Mr3117 a PM.

Last edited:
Just 3 splits of softwood will burn down pretty quickly especially when placed on a hot bed of coals. That amount of wood would be more like what I put in for a cold start, not really for an extended burn. I would try to fill up the box and see how the burn time is then. I get about 5 to 6 hours with a full load of dry pine before only a few coals are left.

Besides the ash pan and the door gasket I would also check the baffle gasket which is around the air tube in the back where the baffle goes on top. It probably does not contribute much but changing it may help a bit. Did you also look if all the welds are ok? The 2005 PE Pacific had some problems with that; maybe you just got unlucky again.

I think I got it figured. begreen gave me some info on the damper inlet. I put on 1 med size split and 1 large at 9:50 pm and I still had plenty of coals at 4 am with the change to the damper inlet.

Reactions: Ashful
Is this for the T5? Could you add the stove to your signature?

Status
Not open for further replies.