Super Cedar Free Samples

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
NW Fuels said:
I feel it is getting to be that time of year again. As in the past we are offering free samples of the Super Cedar Firestarters to all the new members of Hearth.com. Email us your ship to address ([email protected]) and they are on the way! The Super Cedar is safe for use with all wood stoves (catalytic included), fireplaces, outdoor fire pits and charcoal BBQ's. For more info see www.supercedar.com. We would also like to thank all the members for their past support.

Thomas

What if you're not a new member? What if I'm just a braying jack@$$? Can I still get the free shizzle?

Thanks for the offer. Just sent the email. Appears this just may be the ticket and need to find something to make it easy for the wife....does not want to mess with it.

BrotherBart said:
carinya said:
It's so dry in Australia that cow patties are the Aussie version of super cedars :lol:

Super Poopers?

BB you are quick - those log times are pretty close.

You're like a CAT, waiting, ready to pounce...........although I know you won't like that passing reference to a CAT :cheese:

Thomas I buy the largest box you sell every year. Mine never had a dent in them where you could half or quarter them. Is this something you need to request or am I just getting an older model. By the way I love them, the wife wouldn't be able to start a fire without them since she doesn't understand the "kindling" theory. THanks

Bigg_Redd said:
...What if I'm just a braying jack@$$?

Was that ever in doubt? :p Rick

carinya said:
BrotherBart said:
carinya said:
It's so dry in Australia that cow patties are the Aussie version of super cedars :lol:

Super Poopers?

BB you are quick - those log times are pretty close.

You're like a CAT, waiting, ready to pounce...........although I know you won't like that passing reference to a CAT :cheese:

Nah. I was sitting around at eleven o'clock jacking with that burn that I loaded at nine so I would be in bed by ten. Apparently that monster three year old oak log in the middle wasn't as dry as I thought it was. Happens two or three times a season and it a real PITA.

The upside is that there wasn't a cat in the top of the stove to kill with it. :cheese:

Pilot Joe said:
Thomas I buy the largest box you sell every year. Mine never had a dent in them where you could half or quarter them. Is this something you need to request or am I just getting an older model. By the way I love them, the wife wouldn't be able to start a fire without them since she doesn't understand the "kindling" theory. THanks

Pilot, Look under the label. It is a slight score which should be visible. Thank you for the support over the years.
Thomas

Email sent! thanks for your generous offer. Can't wait to try...
Do you have any re-sellers in the Boston area?

Thomas- The Super Cedar is a great product, thanks for the sample. I used one to light some fires, and put the other in my sock drawer to make me smell purty. :coolsmirk:

Yep. I think I am addicted to these Super Cedar thingies. Dang it.

Me, too. Kinda sad I'm not going to need to use them again until spring.

I received my samples today, wow that was fast! Thank you!

Going to try one tonight, should I burn the entire puck or should I cut it into halves.. quarters?

My email was giving me a hard time and would not send. When I checked my sent box it showed 3 emails to you.

Sorry! LOL!

av8roc said:
I received my samples today, wow that was fast! Thank you!

Going to try one tonight, should I burn the entire puck or should I cut it into halves.. quarters?

I recommend to use large splits and a whole Super Cedar. No small splits,kindling or newspaper needed.
Thomas

BrotherBart said:
Apparently that monster three year old oak log in the middle wasn't as dry as I thought it was. Happens two or three times a season and it a real PITA.

The upside is that there wasn't a cat in the top of the stove to kill with it. :cheese:

Looks like you could use it on a CAT or two in that other thread :coolgrin:

Received my free Super Cedar samples today in the mail!

I'll be doing the first burn with part of one tomorrow night. Thanks to Super Cedars for a terrific offer. Much appreciated...

I just wanted to say how pleased I was with the Super Cedar samples Thomas sent out. I had used a half of one to start the last fire in my fireplace before my insert was installed and it worked great but I was most curious to see how it did in the new stove.

I used a quarter to start my first break-in fire today and it was fantastic. I was able to light the cedar and close the door immediately. There are a couple of sequence pictures on here if anyone is interested.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/47245/

I just ordered a box of 100.. Thanks Thomas!

Received my samples today. Shipped Monday from WA arrived Thursday in Ohio. Impressed....guess the postal service is not too busy.
Many thanks and looking forward to using them with my first burn on Saturday.

Status
Not open for further replies.