Super Cedar Free Samples

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got mine in the mail! Thank you so much, this is a truly generous offer and I hope it gets you a bunch of business. As good as folks say they are, I bet it will!
I just need a good stove installed now to burn them in! Thanks again.

(I totally didn't expect a puck shape, thought they would be sticks!)

Got mine yesterday. Don't know when I'll get the chance to try them as I'm here almost every day all day,x so I hardly ever have to start a cold stove. Wish I could just buy a couple dozen or so, that's all I'd probably ever need for a season. Still, a box of 100 would last me years at 4 starts/cake, and at 16 cents a start... good investment.

I wonder how a small fragment of one would start the charcoal going during BBQ season? I could toss out those stupid electric starters that break every year when someone knocks it off the grill.

We used to make these things in the old fashioned cardboard egg cartons that you can't seem to find anymore. I remember is was a messy operation that usually involved dripping hot paraffin on surfaces that weren't supposed to get hot paraffin on them (like gas range burners), so I'm glad to find somebody is making them commercially.

The older I get, the less sense it makes to do it myself. That's why I no longer cut and split my own wood.

Seems like I just ordered them and they are already here.

Tried a half this morning. Speeded up my start.

Thanks!

Thank you for this great offer, I have sent my email with my address!

I was a first time wood burner last winter. Saw the free sample advertised on Hearth.com and am now a customer for life. Super Cedars have never let me down.

Greige Matter said:
I was a first time wood burner last winter. Saw the free sample advertised on Hearth.com and am now a customer for life. Super Cedars have never let me down.

Yeah I have to fess up. Since Thomas sent me the samples I have become a believer. I held out on fire starters for thirty years. And, dare I say it, have abandoned my beloved top down fire starting. I just park a piece of a Super Cedar in the valley between two N/S splits, light the sucker, place a third split on top of them and let'er rip. Five minutes later I set the primary air to the cruise position and forget about it. As close to a pellet stove as a wood stove gets.

Please forgive me Vanessa. I ordered a hundred more Super Cedars today. And canceled the subscription to the Washington Post. :red:

I need to be ashamed of myself because I am surrounded by enough kindling to make Smokey the Bear frown, but I placed an order too after trying my free sample.

Status
Not open for further replies.