Super Cedar...wow!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin

Minister of Fire
Sep 3, 2008
Western Oregon
Well, I read all over this forum and found out about super cedars.

With all the good stuff, I figured what the heck, it's only 50 some bucks.

So, I went online on ordered some Tuesday night. Not expecting to have them for a week or so.

Well, today Thursday, knock knock it's the fed-ex guy with my super cedars, wow! that was fast!

So, it's warm out but I just had to know what they would do. I tossed one in the stove and lit it up.

Best fire starter I have ever used. The search, is now over!

If they sold them by the cord I would sell my saws and splitter.

...So, I went online on ordered some Tuesday night. Not expecting to have them for a week or so.

Well, today Thursday, knock knock it's the fed-ex guy with my super cedars, wow! that was fast!...

Oh, I dunno...Thomas makes these things in Mukilteo WA. Seems like if he couldn't just toss them over the state line to you, he could at least have driven them down himself. He's that kinda guy. :) (You're gonna love 'em...you don't ever ever need to burn up a whole one again unless you're trying to get some wet wood burning on the windward slope of Mt. Hood some night when you shouldn't have been there in the first place). Rick

Reactions: NWfuel
Dustin, you have just found out what many others here on hearth.com have found out. Thomas is a swell guy and he has a swell product too.

Reactions: NWfuel and Lewiston
je5apy5y.jpg

I must confess, with the discount I couldn't handle the temptation any more and just for craps and giggles for the first time I lit a full super cedar and nothing else. I was impressed how long it lasted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: NWfuel and dylskee
They are awesome. Eliminated my need for newspapers and kindling.
Yup I have the same story - I think they're great. No more squirreling away newspapers that don't even light as well as they used to.

I hope Thomas keeps them the same perfect size and the cedars don't start shrinking like every other product quantity seems to.

I received mine today as well. I broke it in 4 quarters as many here have suggested, put 2 in the stove, no newspaper, and had a great fire. Amazing how long they stayed lit. I'll be a lifelong customer!

I'm placing my order right now, I just recently found out about these so I figured I would give them a try.

When I came home from work today I found a large box of super cedars that I did not order sitting on my back porch
1sm047whistle.gif

Reactions: NWfuel and fossil
When I came home from work today I found a large box of super cedars that I did not order sitting on my back porch
1sm047whistle.gif

Oh quick...drag 'em into the house before anyone sees the box. The intended recipient could be spying, who knows? :rolleyes:

Man oh man, Thomas must have been busy in the past few weeks. My box arrived today! I ordered them about 14 days ago. However, they had to travel 5400 KMs and sit for a bit at Canadian Customs. I am good for the entire winter and most of next winter. I already started giving some away for others to try! lol. I may need to place another order before winter is over...great stocking stuffers for the woodburners I know!

A

I love them! I used a quarter of one (like so many people have suggested) and was amazed at how easy it was to start a fire. I'll definitely be back for more. Plus I LOVE how they smell!

50 bucks for fire starters? hot dam they better work

You guy's and gals are awesome! Hearth.com members are the reason I keep at this. Not to mention the 47.3% increase in sales so far this year. The recent character offering to buy our little company did not value this industry or it's customers and the rest is history. Thanks for all your support and kind words.

Thomas

Warning: two whole super cedars can overfire a Blaze King, King.:p

I must confess, with the discount I couldn't handle the temptation any more and just for craps and giggles for the first time I lit a full super cedar and nothing else. I was impressed how long it lasted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

And you took a picture of it to post..... ;hm You're in good company here at Hearth.com. ;lol

I loved them so much i got clarks ace hardware here in MD to stock them on the shelves. Have used them as gifts for wood burning friends.

You guy's and gals are awesome! Hearth.com members are the reason I keep at this. Not to mention the 47.3% increase in sales so far this year. The recent character offering to buy our little company did not value this industry or it's customers and the rest is history. Thanks for all your support and kind words.

Thomas

And we love you right back . . . great customer service, fantastic product and you treat folks here pretty decently with a discount AND you have an ad on here.

I bought some SCs last year . . . some more this year . . . and will most likely do so again . . . it's all about supporting the folks that help Craig mantain this site which we all cherish . . . so I guess in effect you are "enabling" those of us who frequent this site. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.