Superstor SSU 119 on Ebay

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont Know much about them, but looks like a good deal to me. If I had the spare money I'd probably buy one.

It does sound too good to be true. I will probably be needed one soon (especially at that price). I hope someone else chimes in to tell us to go for it or tell us we're nuts

Im a little leery of the fact that this is a relatively new seller, and only has a feedback score of 13.

That said, this is a screaming deal if they are a genuine SuperStor heater. No idea what the freight charge would be, but its pretty tempting to pick one of these up. Lifetime residential warranty on this unit.

The price is rite only thing IMO is there to big for single family residence you'd be keeping 3 time the amount of water hot
That you would really need unless you would have a big whirlpool tub or super large family.This hot water tank can supply a small
Apartment complex.Check the ratings why waste btus and wood if you don't need to.It is a great price though

Humplumb makes a good point. But for those who have a limited storage tank, or are having issues tripping their dump zone, you could use the SuperStor as an extra heat dump. For instance, if you usually have an aquastat set at 140, you could run the temp up to 180 instead until your boiler has cooled down enough. (With a tempering valve on the DHW outlet)

I believe that NoFossil has this configuration on his system. But I also know he has a pretty complex control system set up, so thats something to consider.

Walt, if you dont mind posting those pics that would be great. If you dont want to post them (or have a problem getting them to show) feel free to shoot me a PM.

Humplumb said:
The price is rite only thing IMO is there to big for single family residence you'd be keeping 3 time the amount of water hot
That you would really need unless you would have a big whirlpool tub or super large family.This hot water tank can supply a small
Apartment complex.Check the ratings why waste btus and wood if you don't need to.It is a great price though

That does look like a great price.
I am going to call my supplier to check his pricing.

BUT I have a question.
I have a OB without any storage and at times, in very cold weather, I struggle to supply hot water for an entire shower.
I am getting a Wood Gun E100 with a DHW coil installed. My concern is that I may have the same problem.

So I was going to purchase a 40 or 60 gallon DHW storage tank.
If I buy this 119 gallon unit,
I may use a little more btu's to heat the additional water but in the summer if I decide to use wood to heat the DHW wouldnt I get
a longer period of time between burns. Therefor offsetting the btu's I lost through the winter?

Clarkbug said:
Im a little leery of the fact that this is a relatively new seller, and only has a feedback score of 13.

That said, this is a screaming deal if they are a genuine SuperStor heater. No idea what the freight charge would be, but its pretty tempting to pick one of these up. Lifetime residential warranty on this unit.

As far as ebay goes they give this guy a "buyer protection rating" which. in my past experience if done right, would reimburse you for the purchasr price and the original shipping if the seller turns out to be bogas. It would take a little more research to see if this is what I am looking for and I don't have the bucks or I would jump on it. hoo hummm

infinitymike said:
Humplumb said:

That does look like a great price.
I am going to call my supplier to check his pricing.

BUT I have a question.
I have a OB without any storage and at times, in very cold weather, I struggle to supply hot water for an entire shower.
I am getting a Wood Gun E100 with a DHW coil installed. My concern is that I may have the same problem.

So I was going to purchase a 40 or 60 gallon DHW storage tank.
If I buy this 119 gallon unit,
I may use a little more btu's to heat the additional water but in the summer if I decide to use wood to heat the DHW wouldnt I get
a longer period of time between burns. Therefor offsetting the btu's I lost through the winter?

Just FYI, if you use the domestic coil in your Wood Gun, you wouldnt use the superstor. This has a DHW coil in it to generate the domestic hot water from heating hot water, its not just a storage tank. Thats part of why these are usually so expensive.

You would want this if your Wood Gun didnt have the DHW coil, or if you decided not to use it.

For just a storage tank, you should be able to find cheaper options that will work better with your system.

The person that bought must have an apartment complex or carwash. Maybe he's going to resell for a nice profit.

Diptek said:
All sold. One buyer bought 4 the other 2. Guess it was a really good deal :-(

Story of my life "a day late and a dollar short"

Here on Long Island, Blackman Plumbing Supplies has it for $2400.
They have a 60 gal for $1200

Was all set to buy it and since my Wood Gun is still under fabrication I would have them not install the HWC.
That would save me $300. So in essence I would have gotten a 120 gal DHW Storage tank for $200 more.

BOO HOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.