Supervent is Super Cheap at Lowes!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

vinny11950

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
May 17, 2010
Eastern Long Island, NY
$325 for the thru-the-wall kit, and $87 for one 6-inch diameter 36 inch long Class A chimney pipe!

Makes pulling the trigger to buy DuraTech or DuraPlus or ICC so much harder.

Does any one have a review, opinion on the Supervent?

It claims to be Stain less steel too!

I think the Supervent is the same construction as Selkirk's Metalbest Ultra Temp. I believe both have 304 SS on the inside and 400 series SS on the outside. The difference is that the Supervent (I think) is offered at Lowes only and so you are at the mercy of their stock offering. The other difference is that the Supervent won't screw together on the Ultra Temp.

I bought my Ultra Temp pipe at Dymamitebuys.com and my through the wall kit from True Value online. These guys had the lowest prices I could find. You might compare their prices too. However be warned that Dynamitebuys.com (sp?) is not the speediest of vendors. It took about 3 weeks to get my stuff.

Having said all the above, I think you'd be happy with either. Mine was very easy to install. I did a through the wall install on a new addition of mine and am in the middle of having a chase put up around it to dress-up the looks a bit.

All in all, I am happy with what I bought.

Good luck,
Bill

Supervent is sold at Menard's as well. On sale right now, too. I think 6"x36" is $55, 8" is $80. Menard's has a much better selection of everything, too. Of course, I ordered everything from dynamitebuys last week. That's all fine though. Sean was very helpful, and I don't have to drive anywhere. Menard's doesn't stock everything in 8", so some would have had to be special ordered, and I would have had to make two trips.

The through the wall kit is $299 at TSC. Northern Tool looks like it has duraplus for about the same price.

Vinny, you will see in the old threads on Supervent that folks have been able to get the part #'s from Selkirk and have Lowe's special order whatever they needed. One guy went ahead ane placed the order directly with Selkirk for delivery to Lowe's. BTW, they have a 4' pipe section that is even cheaper per ft. :)

thanks, guys. i will keep looking and sitting on the fence about what to buy, though the time is running down for Autumn

Den said:
Bill, I think you are mixing up the Supervent(Selkirk) and Duravent(Simpson) names. :)

Good catch! If fixed my post.

Thanks,
Bill

leeave96 said:
The difference is that the Supervent (I think) is offered at Lowes only and so you are at the mercy of their stock offering. The other difference is that the Supervent won't screw together on the Ultra Temp.

Just an FYI-Lowes will order anything that their suppliers sell. If you go in there with part numbers they can find the stuff and order it-I was able to get double wall stove pipe through them for the same price I could have bought it for online sans shipping since it comes right to the store. Only took about a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.