supplies

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wally1234

Sep 5, 2010
CT
I live in the north east... are wood pellets hard to come by?

I didnt realize, but there are also coal inserts....are coal inserts any better or just as good?

Pellet supply here in the Northwestern part of CT. is just fine. I see them all over. Pellet house's have plenty. Bigbox stores are just starting to bring them in. Heck BigY and PriceChoper are selling them to! Agway,Walmart, BlueSeal feeds, Ace Hardware and TrueValue Too! There everywhere!

Caol is a little tougher to get but its available. Priced higher because there is more BTU's per ton. A bit messy for me though!

wow, i didnt realize so many places sell them... way more than I thought.

thanks,

Yup, there's plenty of places around. hard to go 20 miles in any direction without a supplier.

coal is very dirty and its bad for the planet. pellet is the 'greener' choice.

briansol said:
Yup, there's plenty of places around. hard to go 20 miles in any direction without a supplier.

coal is very dirty and its bad for the planet. pellet is the 'greener' choice.
Makes me want to go out and buy a coal stove...

Franks, go to your room . . . Bad, bad boy . . . ( but funny . . .)

Ranger

Status
Not open for further replies.