support box/chimney pipe compatibility

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wineyarders

Mar 10, 2016
Massachusetts
Greetings,

Are the top end connection points on the support box proprietary or universal? I recently purchased a metallic blue fireview stove that was never installed. It came with some pipe, including 2 4' sections of chimney pipe (security chimney) and 2 sections of stove pipe painted metallic blue. I was planning to buy a support box from woodstock in the blue color, but it's not clear if I'm going to have compatibility issues with the security chimney pipe since Woodstock uses Selkirk. Any thoughts? Thanks..

They are not universal. It is best to stick with one brand and product line for all the chimney components. I'm wondering if you could just paint the support box a new color? I did this for our chimney support and trim ring, but I just used a high-temp white to match the ceiling.

They are not universal. It is best to stick with one brand and product line for all the chimney components. I'm wondering if you could just paint the support box a new color? I did this for our chimney support and trim ring, but I just used a high-temp white to match the ceiling.

Thank you! Woodstock sells paint, so I'll plan o picking some up.

Status
Not open for further replies.