1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

Sure is quiet in the house

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by bbfarm, May 9, 2014.

1. bbfarm

bbfarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    wisconsin
    Stoves been off for a day now. It finally warmed up outside.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. heat seeker

heat seeker Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern CT
    Yeah, right about this time of year I'm really tired of the stove's noise, and enjoy the quiet. Of course, next fall I'll be looking forward to the great heat - and what's a little noise compared to being toasty?
  3. bbfarm

bbfarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    wisconsin
    Just feels like something is missing.
  4. Don2222

Don2222 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Salem NH
    Hi

Our basement Harmy auto lit early this AM to take the chill out.

It ramped right down to Low Fire.

Finally getting in the Last of the 4 New Construction Anderson Windows in last Monday and Tuesday really helped alot.
    We now have all 15 new Anderson windows with double glazed Low E coated glass and argon gas inside.
    See Pics
    http://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...t-windows-vs-new-construction-windows.127643/

They went in while I was down in Sturbridge MA convention center where I got a personal demo of the new Harman Color Touch Screen Digital Control panel from Dane Harman!
    It comes on the New Absolute model with the new style burn pot! It has 6 Pages of Diagnostics! ! ! Harman always does it better!

Would it be fun to wire up one of these control panels to our stoves? See pics

Attached Files:

5. RKS130

RKS130 Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Croton-on-Hudson, NY
    My dog woke me up early the other morning to show me the stove wasn't on! She misses the fire too.
  6. Dr.Faustus

Dr.Faustus Burning Hunk

Loc:
    Hyde Park, N.Y.
    tonight is the first night im not lightning the stove in a long long time. last night should have been, but i didnt realize how warm it was and i left it on 4 overnight. When i woke up, it was a whopping 91 in the house. holy cow was it hot. When i woke up i thought i was either sick or the place was burnin down!

It is eerily quiet without the stove on. I feel like something is wrong. I can hear the water flowing in the koi pond in the livingroom. very weird.
  7. Havilcek stole the ball

Havilcek stole the ball New Member

Loc:
    South Shore, MA
    I like that new control panel a lot - seems like there are some diagnostics added as well, which is also terrific. Not as sure about the shiny burnpot. A lot of people like to keep shiny things shiny, and it would be a tall order indeed to keep the shine on a burnpot.
  8. TimfromMA

TimfromMA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central MA
    Haven't had a fire going in 4 straight days which is our longest stretch since last October.
  9. Tonyray

Tonyray Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Bucks County, Pa.
    kinda warmed up a bit here in Eastern Pa....
    last fire was 2 week ago... Full Cleaned and put the Harman asleep for summer...damp rid, Pam sprayed etc..
    Guess I did such a great job of cleaning the insides that when I hooked my new leaf blower/vac up to the exhaust, nothing came out..
    where's the fun it that?...I actually cleaned my exhaust manually top to bottom with 4" Dryer vent brush about 3 weeks ago... Including vacuuming the ESP tunnel right to the end Elbow.
    Next winter I will wait and use the leaf blower which I bought for 40.00 at HD a week after I cleaned my exhaust.. ;lolAss backwards but was a good deal on a electric Homelite blower/vac.
    Last edited: May 13, 2014
  10. Arti

Arti Member

Loc:
    South West Wisconsin
    Was quiet here for a few days.. Lit the stove again tonight looks like about a week of cold weather for us again.
  11. NHcpa

NHcpa Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Honyock NH
    Fired up pellet today...yesterday 80+ degrees. We can have frost right up to May 30 so no surprises here. Also working on stacking 6 cords. With the new pellet stove and 4 ton delivered Sunday! can't say I am too motivated this year on wood.
  12. TimfromMA

TimfromMA Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Central MA
    My 4 day "no fire" streak ended last night.
  13. johnpma

johnpma Member

Loc:
    Mass
    threw a log in last night with the blower off for ambiance wife and I enjoy the fire just something about it......
    8ball likes this.
  14. bbfarm

bbfarm Minister of Fire

Loc:
    wisconsin
    We've been burning at night again. Chance of frost tonight.
  15. Former Farmer

Former Farmer Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    NE Wisconsin
    Started our insert up again today. Have had it off for almost two weeks, but needed to take the chill out of the house.

Sure hope that we don't get frost tonight. I haven't checked the fruit trees in the last few days, but I would hate to loose another year to a late frost and have all of the blossoms freeze off again.
  16. Arti

Arti Member

Loc:
    South West Wisconsin
    Must be a midwest thing. Cold in the house tonight so I lit the Pellet Furnace up and the Parlor stove. Supposed to be in the 30's by morning so the St Croix will run all night.
    Getting into next years stash a lot deeper than I wanted to.