Swapping pellets for free .... part 6

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
Dave Carr came over today & delivered a ton & said he would be back in a week or so with the next ton. Great guy. We talked about the amount of ash & he explained that they(Maine Pellets) are the 1st to use whole trees & that was the trade off . They do burn well & don't have any crumbles so all in all , i would say they are worth the price they charge per ton when you pick them up. He said they would keep swapping pellets but people would now have to bring them in. Apparently the last few months supplies have had no complaints to speak of. He has had to make swaps from people that had bought from the same dealer as i did in Waterville . Piss poor buisness man down there i tell ya. I sent off a complaint to BBB . Muss PS. My 2 neighbors love the Maine Pellets so there ya go

glad to hear your results muss.keep us posted, i just went and bought another ton on saturday and i think they are even better than the ones i bought in december...still alot of ash, but as stated, that is the trade off from whole tree.

when the sawdust supply is down, you have to get it from somewhere, so whole tree it is.

mike

Status
Not open for further replies.