Switcharoo

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rizzo20

Jan 9, 2011
Central PA
Yesterday I went to Home Depot to grab my first ton of Stove Chow. They loaded me up and I went home and discovered that they accidentally gave me Presto-logs (derivative of Lignetics ). I had my heart set on Stove Chow but driving 35 miles back to HD to switch them out didn't seem worth the trip. Just a little reminder to make sure you get the pellets you want if they have more than one brand. For what it's worth I got the Presto's for $187 a ton.

rizzo20 said:
Yesterday I went to Home Depot to grab my first ton of Stove Chow. They loaded me up and I went home and discovered that they accidentally gave me Presto-logs (derivative of Lignetics ). I had my heart set on Stove Chow but driving 35 miles back to HD to switch them out didn't seem worth the trip. Just a little reminder to make sure you get the pellets you want if they have more than one brand. For what it's worth I got the Presto's for $187 a ton.
I have both of these brands in my stock pile and the Presto's burned great for me, even with the temps we had last weekend. They do have more ash than the Stove Chow but the temp output is as good as the Stove Chow or slightly better in my AE insert.

Thanks for your input. Just curious was there a price difference between the two when you purchased them?

Status
Not open for further replies.