t-stat question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

corkman

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Dec 3, 2009
SE,Mass
i hooked my stove up to a lux500e t-stat.after playing with it for a while and finalizing its location i want to disconnect it and in the next few days run the wire in the wall.
i want to put the stove back in manual mode for the next few days until i get the t-stat wire inside the wall.do i need to shut the stove down and go thru the whole shutdown process or should i turn the t-stat to off and then is it safe to move the switch to manual

Because you need to play around in the back of the stove. Its probably safer to shut it down to disconnect the wires. Safer for you and the control board.

i was thinking i would shut the stat off and leave it connected to the stove and just coil it up and sit it in a corner for now.i guess my main question both for now and future reference is can i switch the stove from on/off to manual while the stove is running.i can disconnect the stat wire next time i have to shut the stove down for cleaning

Yes, You sure can slide it from on/off to manual and leave the stove running. Not a problem.

thanks for your help Jay

Status
Not open for further replies.