T5 Insert Install Today (I hope)

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks Sweet and the hearth turned out really well! Wait until you start burning in that stove, you will love it!

In my second season with the T5, i promise you will love your insert.. mine is freestanding but im sure burn characteristics are close to the same, after years with a Encore and intrepid this stove is awesome, start it, load it, choke it and let it go, it is very easy to operate. not to mention it looks good as well... it heated our home and we cooked on it recently during power outage.. i love it

You would have to seal it off so it can't draw from the room unless there is a way to connect a dedicated intake pipe.

madison said:
-->> "Not saying it is an OAK, but it will draw from the path of least resistance which would be the ash dump."

Debatable - as there is no differential resistance to the airflow from the room vs the ash chute.

you might be right, but on the install there is a "choice" on how to bring in air for combustion (I think page 8 of the manual) that talks about using the ash dump air intake. So just going with this.

jetmech said:
In my second season with the T5, i promise you will love your insert.. mine is freestanding but im sure burn characteristics are close to the same, after years with a Encore and intrepid this stove is awesome, start it, load it, choke it and let it go, it is very easy to operate. not to mention it looks good as well... it heated our home and we cooked on it recently during power outage.. i love it

yes, thanks for the kind words - I can't wait to get the hearth pad and the inspection so I can get burning.

Do you have her cranked up yet cowtown? I hope everything went ok with the inspection. :cheese:
Just looking for some feed back how the T5 is working out. :coolsmile:

wjb111 said:
Do you have her cranked up yet cowtown? I hope everything went ok with the inspection. :cheese:
Just looking for some feed back how the T5 is working out. :coolsmile:

I am waiting on my hearth pad and then need the inspection. It is -20C outside right now (so -4F). I am playing dominos in the room with my 4 year old son and thinking, "man - who the hell will know if I do a break in fire". But want everything to be done before I start. So just sit looking at the T5 dreaming about the warm it could kick off.

As soon as I do the first fire I will make a post. Thanks for the reply.

I would be very tempted to test it... jes so I could be sure it will pass inspection officer.

Status
Not open for further replies.