Taking a little time for a Mini Rehab! - Enviro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Don2222

Minister of Fire
Feb 1, 2010
Salem NH
Hello

I have serviced a few of these stoves. They are one of the best for a really tight area and run all day with a 50 lb hopper! A nice large hopper for a small stove with a decent size ash pan and good auger sytems really makes it worth while. :)

Why is there a hole in the hopper?
See pics >> https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/some-small-questions-about-an-enviro-mini.128914/

The originall charcoal color is very nice and modern. However in my case Satin Black makes it really fit with any decor. Also to go with the Satin Black, Flat Aluminum on the convection fins really perks up this baby quite a bit!

A T-20 Torqx screw driver is a neccessary tool for these Canadian imports. However for future ease of cleaning I found some nice large head #10 x 1/2" long bolts with big heads for the fire box baffles and the plate in back of the ash pan. unfortunately the big head bolts cannot be used on the ash trap circle baffles because the ash pan will not fit! What a tight space!

Also the old Enviro issue of only one 1/4 x 20 nut on the cleaning rake makes it a bit sticky because it does not keep the rake straight when gliding up the heat tubes. Adding another nut in front of the cleaning rake makes it work like a charm. BTW, I ordered a new cleaning rod from Enviro for another stove and guess what? The new cleaning rods come with 2 nuts! LOL
Remember the fix I found with the Enviro EF-2 a few years back?.
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...son-and-fix-for-0-14-cents.73036/#post-922024

So the usual prep work of vacuum the ash (Full ash pan and burn pot!) and wire brush the rust, then the acetone wash and then masking is the hardest part!

I also like to blow out the ash dust before the acetone wash. It really helps getting the dirt out so the spray from the paint does not unleash some hidden dirt somewhere to ruin a good paint job. lol

It works as good as an Enviro Mini should but upgrading to a Mini-A would work better.
New Control panel is not cheap!
See my upgrade Installation Pics here
https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/...mods-in-and-the-bugs-out.123269/#post-1652399

Pic 1 - Stove works after a good ash vacuuming.
Pic 2 - Masking and painting
Pic 3&4 - Extra bolt on cleaning rake, really makes a difference!
Pic 4&5 - Big head bolts gives more meat to grap onto when pulling the baffles for cleaning
Pic 6-8 - Looking good like a Mini should. :)

Attachments

• IMG_0554.JPG
    IMG_0554.JPG
    179.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0585.JPG
    IMG_0585.JPG
    200 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_0586.JPG
    IMG_0586.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_0588.JPG
    IMG_0588.JPG