Tarm MB50 Wood Boiler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

donnieo

Aug 7, 2009
Southeast, Wisconsin
Got a line on a Tarm MB50 Wood Boiler. The guy's daughter bought a home with it installed and she didnt want it. Got it listed for $800. I think he said it was around 1980 or so. If its in good working order and in reasonable shape do you think this is a good price??

donnieo said:
Got a line on a Tarm MB50 Wood Boiler. The guy's daughter bought a home with it installed and she didnt want it. Got it listed for $800. I think he said it was around 1980 or so. If its in good working order and in reasonable shape do you think this is a good price??
Yes, Probably could have got it for the hauling out if someone didn't clue her in, Randy

donnieo said:
So does that mean you think it would be worth it??
Yes I think this is a fair price. I see these bring $1200 to $1500 regularly. If you are able to afford it I would recommend a gasification boiler though. Randy

I can easily afford a $800 boiler with all the add ons for $1500 to $2000 but in this economy I would have a real hard time swallowing a $6000 - $8000 boiler and possibly going up to $10000 with all the accessories. I have plenty in the bank as I am a saver but I am not going to blow it all on a boiler. I am too conservative for blowing that kind of money on anything. I would rather buy something cheaper and learn a little bit then use that to my advantage and save for that kind of purchase. Dont get me wrong I would LOVE to have a gasification boiler. I think the technology is awesome and I cant stand OWB's. But again in this economy I cant understand how the manufacturers are charging such outrageous prices for them. Its like trying to buy a new pickup. Whether its a Ford, GMC, Chevy or Dodge how can the "average joe" afford $30-35k on a truck. Just my two cents I guess.

I hear ya loud & clear. The beauty of buying the Tarm is that you can use this for years & I'm sure make a profit on it when you sell. This average Joe sure can't afford a new pickup either. Good luck, Randy

I would have went with a Tarm like that if I could have found one. If you decide to upgrade later it will be easy to put a gassifier in its place. Go with pressurized storage and the difference in wood consumption might not be all that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.