Tarm Solo 40 coin vent

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kevindauch

Feb 7, 2008
Marcy NY
I've started to assemble my Tarm Solo 40. I got to the part of installing a coin vent. The manual states that a coin vent should be installed into the 3/8" tapping. From what I have found, coin vents only come in 1/8" size. I assume that I will have to reduce the tapping down. Does anyone know of a 3/8" coin vent?

Does anyone know of a 3/8” coin vent?
You might want to get a small shutoff to mount the vent. Makes changing out easy.
Will

I used a sink shutoff valve, 3/8", with a piece of plastic tubing exiting through the grill at the top of the boiler casing, just like a sink water supply. As needed, not often, can open this valve to vent any air at the top of the boiler and if a little water comes at the end, the tubing carries that outside the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.