Tarps dropped and secured, ready for winter!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I try to cover the top of all my stacks.
I have tried that but critters thought it was a great place to nest lol.. I get em in the shelter as well but not much you can do about that..

Ray

Reactions: PapaDave
Hey Ray, Nice setup. Just out of curiosity, what is your 'burn season' routine when you retrieve wood from your shed? Thanks

Hey Ray, Nice setup. Just out of curiosity, what is your 'burn season' routine when you retrieve wood from your shed? Thanks
Thanx Oslo! I store my wood wagon in the shelter. I slip into the shelter and load the wagon out of the elements then place 2 ramps on the edge of the floor to the ground and roll the wagon full of wood out of the shelter. I use the same ramps to get the snowblower in and out of the shelter as well..

Ray

How many days worth of wood does a wagon load hold? Do you have any way to store wood closer to the house?

How many days worth of wood does a wagon load hold? Do you have any way to store wood closer to the house?
I have a 40" wood hoop in the living room and that's is good for 4-5 days depending on how cold it gets.. Really not that far to the shelter.. Maybe 75' but I've never measured the distance..

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.