1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Tax Credit for Pellet Stove/Fuel?

Post in 'The Pellet Mill - Pellet and Multifuel Stoves' started by Tristan, Dec 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tristan

Tristan New Member

Loc:
    Central MA
    Does any one have any knowledge regarding this matter? i've heard through the grapevines that there might be some sort of tax credit for using Pellets. I suppose this might be the same idea of getting some sort of a tax credit for havng an alternative fuel source automobile. Can some one please enlighten me? Yes yes, I know " go to a tax guy" .... the problem with that is I tried, and instead of giving a straigh forward answer, he want me to bring in my books... blah blah. Thank you.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    Don't think anything like this has gone through or been funded...other than pellets are exempt from sales tax in many states.

There is stuff in certain legislation about the stoves themselves, but nothing that has been funded or written into law.

So, the bottom line as far as I know is "nothing doing".
  3. petejung

petejung New Member

I saw this post and was hopeful... Nuts.
  4. tinkabranc

tinkabranc Minister of Fire

Loc:
    South Coast MA
    Bummer- I was hopeful too, cuz every little bit helps :down:
  5. Harley

Harley Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Ashfield, MA
    Nothing that I'm aware of on the Federal level, and there isn't any credit or offset here in MA (some states may have something). I get the questions lots of times... "I heard you can get a credit or deduction for __________". More often than not - its not true. I keep looking.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.