Tax Credit for Pellet Stove/Fuel?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tristan

Hearth Supporter
Sep 27, 2007
Central MA
Does any one have any knowledge regarding this matter? i've heard through the grapevines that there might be some sort of tax credit for using Pellets. I suppose this might be the same idea of getting some sort of a tax credit for havng an alternative fuel source automobile. Can some one please enlighten me? Yes yes, I know " go to a tax guy" .... the problem with that is I tried, and instead of giving a straigh forward answer, he want me to bring in my books... blah blah. Thank you.

Don't think anything like this has gone through or been funded...other than pellets are exempt from sales tax in many states.

There is stuff in certain legislation about the stoves themselves, but nothing that has been funded or written into law.

So, the bottom line as far as I know is "nothing doing".

Bummer- I was hopeful too, cuz every little bit helps :down:

Nothing that I'm aware of on the Federal level, and there isn't any credit or offset here in MA (some states may have something). I get the questions lots of times... "I heard you can get a credit or deduction for __________". More often than not - its not true. I keep looking.

Status
Not open for further replies.