1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

Tech Guru ?????'s

Post in 'DIY and General non-hearth advice' started by JustWood, Dec 30, 2012.

1. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    Will this work? If not is it possible?
    Parents are old school. 15 year old TV and 10 year old DVD player.
    I got mom a Galaxy note about a year ago.
    With a Netflix subscription and Galaxy can they stream movies/etc through the TV/DVD player with this adapter.
    http://www.amazon.com/Sewell-Direct...sr=1-20&keywords=female usb dvd cord adapter
    Maybe at that price it would be just as economical to upgrade the DVD player to one that will accept the USB cable???

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Delaware, Ohio
  3. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

You can buy DVD players that stream netflix as well. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...ayer/6653282.p?id=1218780246081&skuId=6653282

Pete
  4. JustWood

JustWood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Arrow Bridge,NY
    I believe with both of those units I'll have to upgrade the phone to a bigger data package with teathering/wifi ?
  5. Pallet Pete

Pallet Pete Guest

You will probably need lots of data I believe most carriers are 5gig cap for broadcasting. One movie will be between 500 to 700 mb Netflix streaming. We use well over 50 gig data a month on the landline just between my wife watching Netflix and me streaming music. You may want to invest in non cellular Internet at that point.

Pete
  6. SlyFerret

SlyFerret Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Delaware, Ohio
    Don't try to stream Netflix over the data plan on the Note. Use their WiFi at the house. You will blow through the data plan quota in only 2 or 3 movies each month, if even that many.

By using a DVD player with Netflix or a Roku or similar device, you free up the Note for other things while the movies play.

-SF