TEMCO Chimney System

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wjlundyjr

Oct 27, 2008
Central Michigan
Hi,

I recently purchased a 36" TEMCO zero clearance fireplace from a wholesaler. (TLC363) I planned on putting it into a little used family room in my house just for asthetics and occasional use.

I understood from him that this was a discontinued fireplace. What I guess isnt clear is he told me I could use any 12" double wall pipe? (8" inner and 12" outer). I made a call to a second dealer also selling TEMCO fireplaces and he told me the same thing. But

As soon as I started reading through the manual it stated that I must use TEMCO brand pipe.
So first is this a fact, and second where can I find TEMCO pipe?

Thanks in advance.

John.

BTW I tried TEMCO, AKA CFM, AKA Majestic and they dont return my calls.

You MUST use only TEMCO pipe........

It is likely that some dealers have this........but you might have to call around. Personally, I would return it because the wholesaler 100% lied to you. Either they should supply the pipe or they should take it back.

BTW, that fireplace discontinued is worth very little - like $100-$200 if they had pipe for it. We used to sell a kit with the fireplace and glass doors and some pipe and fittings for $499.

Status
Not open for further replies.