Temp gauge

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

They Call Me Pete

Burning Hunk
Hearth Supporter
Nov 18, 2007
CT
Is this a stove top or pipe ? Doesn’t say and searching turned up both types of thermometers.

Attachments

• F54AD9B6-96D6-4B40-899F-395F389CD8AB.jpeg
    F54AD9B6-96D6-4B40-899F-395F389CD8AB.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 141
It will read whatever surface you stick it on. The ranges marked are for pipe temps though.

Thats what I though. Stove top would be 400 and stove pipe would be around 200. Going to order a stove top one and be done. Stack seems to unreilable

It will read whatever surface you stick it on. The ranges marked are for pipe temps though.
If placed on single wall stove pipe, I believe That “burn range”could lead to exceeding the temp limit of stack. While it may give a good measure of temp on outside of pipe, I would not go by those range markers as a guide.