Temp last night

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

djblech

Feeling the Heat
Jul 7, 2008
Bruno MN
I had -38 this morning 25 miles S of Duluth MN. I stoked the Greenwood at 10:30 pm, with as much wood as I could get in and still had wood at 6:00 am. I am firing my Dutchwest in the family room also. The dutchwest heats the 14 x 22 familyroom which takes care of that radiant zone. The Greenwood has no problem keeping up for 8-10 hours. It hasn't been this cold for many years. Nice warm 70 degrees in the house.

djblech

Greenwood 100
Stihl 170 and 360
Kioti dk45 Farmi winch
14' dump trailer

We hit -11 this morning in West Michigan. If this keeps up I'll run out of wood in February!

we had -12 here in nh last night but no wind. iloaded up at 10 pm still had plenty of heat at 6 am. my daughter goes to school in duluth at st. scholastica college.

Henfruit,
My daughter also goes to school at St. Scholastica. She is a senior in health information management and computer science. She is looking at job offers already. She is probably going to start at a higher salary than I make. Good school.

djblech

-8 had 72 when i woke up at 8am (wife gets up at 6 am)

I had -22' driving in to work at 0530 this morning. Boiler still going strong providing all heat to the house which was nice and toasty. Added a couple pieces for the day time and good to go. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh :)

Status
Not open for further replies.