Temporary Pellet Stove Removal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CTWhitfieldOwner

Jul 14, 2013
Connecticut
I was wondering if anyone had any thoughts about this--

I am renting my condo and my insurance requires me to remove my pellet stove while it is tenant-occupied. I want to remove it, but I can't realistically remove the wall thimble (it's a condo, all the red tape etc...). I also don't want to close it up completely because I plan on renting for just a year or so, at which point I would like to reinstall the stove in order to make it easier to sell the unit (it's all electric heat otherwise!!).

Any thoughts on how to best close off the hole through the wall? I had some ideas, but I figured I'd check with some people who are smarter than me!

It's a 3" opening, nothing fancy.

Any help is appreciated! Thank you

Wow...good for the insurance company! I will tell you that is a very smart move. Tenancy stoves are a nightmare. Remove the pipe from the thimble, seal up the inside of the thimble with insulation and use some good ole fashioned duct tape to seal off the hole inside and out.

Reactions: Eatonpcat
Status
Not open for further replies.