Termination Vent Caps

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
  • Super Cedar firestarters 30% discount Use code Hearth2024 Click here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dinger

Burning Hunk
Nov 23, 2011
SW CO
www.gregdinger.com
What do they actually do?

I get the Venturi part, at least the Simpson Horizontal one, and keep the weather and critters out, but, if you have a screen, and proper angled termination, what else does it need to do? Oh yeah, and maintain the proper clearance/distance from the wall.

Here's my situation. My term cap sticks out 13-15 inches... ish. Water dripping off the roof cleared it, but snow likes to curl under and I am afraid of a large ice chunk breaking off and tattooing the cap. That would be a bad day. I have a lot of room to reach the 6" mark from the wall or combustible, but it would mean building my own, which isnt a problem. I just want to make sure it's all safe and good.

Input? And thanks for reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.