testing pellets

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

magsf11

Feeling the Heat
Hearth Supporter
Jan 31, 2009
buffalo ny
Iamgoingtotry to do a test with summeraet,stove chow and fireside. going to do a 24 hr burn with everything being =, draft trimoutside temp and house temp. the stove will cycle on ond offsince forthenext few day it will be warmer out. Iwill monterthe avg temp comingout of the stove, exhaust temp and ash content.we willseewhat happens.

magsf11 said:
Iamgoingtotry to do a test with summeraet,stove chow and fireside. going to do a 24 hr burn with everything being =, draft trimoutside temp and house temp. the stove will cycle on ond offsince forthenext few day it will be warmer out. Iwill monterthe avg temp comingout of the stove, exhaust temp and ash content.we willseewhat happens.

Hope your testing skills are better than your typing/spelling skills

:coolsmile:

sure, let us know....

hossthehermit said:
magsf11 said:

sorry was trying to keep a 5 yr old happy and was using the wife's lap top that i have never used. will try better next time.

hossthehermit said:
magsf11 said:

LMFAO.
Absolutely classic. I started reading this and thought that I was drunk. Then I realized....oooops- I havn't even been drinking. Funny as all hell yo!

I haven't burned Somerset pellets yet, but there were some notable differences burning the Fireside Ultras and the Stove Chows. The Fireside Ultra's don't burn quite as hot as the Stove Chow, they are a darker-colored pellet, and produce a little more ash than Stove Chow. The Stove Chows produce the most heat of any pellet I burned this season (I burned a lot of Penningtons which did well in my Fahrenheit furnace, not a hot pellet but a clean burner), and a white/gray ash that can be vacuumed and brushed very easily. The FS Ultras required a little extra cleaning time and produced a bit more ash than Stove Chow, but still a great pellet IMO. If I had to choose between the two, I would choose the Stove Chow over FS Ultras.

Did youknowthatathensisinsomersetcounty?????mAkesmewonder

Franks said:
iamlookingforwardtoyourresults.

you guys are brutal :) could be worse we could be talking about pipes sparking.

Status
Not open for further replies.