Thank you

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

westcafe

Oct 5, 2008
central, ma
I just wanted to thank the people on this site that talked about getting ripped off from pellet companies by ordering early, giving them money and not knowing what you are getting and when. I almost went to fitchburg and ordered pellets during there 1 day sale, but thought better of it remembering what I had read on here. Thanks everyone, I made the right choice.

I have bought 1 ton of barefoots at hardwick farm supply and have not touched these yet. I have been buying by the bag just to try and see which ones I like. Gardner agway has rocky mountains, which I really like and we have tried some cheap fireside ultras from home depot which were terrible. we also tried energex from aubuchon which were so so. I am off to Spurias to get some spruce pointe tomorrow. What do you have and where did you buy?

I have 3ton of lg granules from woodpellets.com 2 ton of north country from a friend in westminster,and 1ton of spruce pointe from spurias in ashburnham.Did you call them?

I called spurias andyes they ahve a ton for me. We started our first 1.3 tons last year with lg's and really liked them. We went through about 51/2 ton last winter also. I am just trying different pellets before i jump. You can get okies in acton at acton energy I think it's called. Pro-tech energy is the name of the place.

very nice you will like the spruce pointes,might have to take a road trip to acton and see if I can grab a few bags.Did you buy your omega at spurias?If yes how did you like there service?I found mike the service tech to be very easy to talk to.

mnkywrnch said:
BTW I'm kind of a pellet pig.we use about 5 ton a year as primary heat no oil at all.

Only kind of, Thats an understatement! :)

westcafe, If you see someone with a glazed look in there eye staring at the pellets at spurias. Thats will be mnkywrnch!( or me if I knew where spurias was) :lol:

Just kidding.

We are glad anytime there is someone that has learned from this site. Proud to educate and Always happy to help. We are all family here.

Happy pellet hunting.
jay

PS pay it forward=Pass on what you learn. Someday it will be common knowledge.

well said jay,I personally enjoy reading your posts I find you to be very informative and helpful.

lots of help on here from everyone! Thanks! I will keep a look out for the glazey eyed guy when I go there tomorrow. I didn't buy it there as they were out and it was crunch time so I found one at Amherst farm supply. They are terrible and will not service there stoves and will not return phone calls. I had the agitator motor go after about 2 months and they would not return calls so I called Spurias as we know them and they said bring it down and they warranteed it and gave us a new 1 that day. Love those guys.

westcafe said:
lots of help on here from everyone! Thanks! I will keep a look out for the glazey eyed guy when I go there tomorrow. I didn't buy it there as they were out and it was crunch time so I found one at Amherst farm supply. They are terrible and will not service there stoves and will not return phone calls. I had the agitator motor go after about 2 months and they would not return calls so I called Spurias as we know them and they said bring it down and they warranteed it and gave us a new 1 that day. Love those guys.

Stay away from Amherst Farmers supply and Bernardston farmers supply. They are owned by the same people and thier service is horrible. They are very willing to take your money, but not to willing to deliver product and listen to their (former) customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.