Thanks, Asplundh

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bushfire

Burning Hunk
Nov 19, 2005
Kennett Square, PA
Final tally from the greatest scrounge I've ever had. Easily 2 cord, possibly 2.5. 75% walnut, some hickory, birch, and maple. There's still 3 or 4 more trees marked for removal next week. I spoke with the guys working and everything from that point on they cut to 18-20" for me - can't get better than that.

I'm already 2 years ahead, so this should get me on my way to three. Lots of splitting and some cutting (those they had already downed before I spoke with the crew) to do this late fall and winter, but it's great exercise.

IMG_9547.JPG
IMG_9546.JPG
IMG_9545.JPG
IMG_9544.JPG
IMG_9543.JPG

Reactions: Lone_Gun
Those are SOOO sweet and clean!

I'm lucky too as the Asplundh guys treat me well too when I follow along and load as they cut.
A box of doughnuts and a round of morning coffee goes a long way to making friends in the wood biz.

Reactions: Bushfire
Status
Not open for further replies.