Thanks Everyone

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ancalagon79

Jan 26, 2011
Eastern CT
Hey all, I've been trolling through this forum for some months now and I've got to thank you all for both the great advice and the horror stories. I installed an Enviro EF2 this past fall and it's been nothing but awesome so far both in money saved and in house warmth. Last year's January bill was 253 dollars and that was to keep the house between 55 and 60, this years bill with the stove was 89 bucks and that was 65-70 even with the negative degree days!

This morning was the first time it has given me any trouble. The flames were way lazy and there was a large clump of ash in the burn pan even though I had just cleaned it the night before. My mind went first to all the stories I have read on here about this piece or that piece breaking or exploding or the like. I checked every setting, the outside air port, the chimney pipe, the auger, you name it, I looked there. I didn't have time to mess with it before work so I was forced to turn on the electric baseboard. After I got home from work I checked everywhere again and was contemplating climbing up on the roof to check out the top of the chimney pipe when a voice said to me "Check that the ash pan is closed". I am talking fractions of an inch here but as soon as I pushed the pan closed I saw the flame change from lazy to sharp immediately.

So this is just a long story about how reading what you all have written will give all the answers anyone needs to run a pellet stove correctly. Thanks again and keep the good info coming!

Seth

Welcome Seth,

Glad you joined us here. I am a fellow Enviro owner, How do you like the little EF-2?

Stay warm! :)

Really nice to hear that you were able to reason out your problem and solve it on your own. Yes, this is the place for anyone interested in and for anyone who already owns a pellet stove. I never would have learned half of what I know if it wasn't for this forum.

Good Luck with your stove!

Status
Not open for further replies.